Job status is used to indicate progress on a job. When your account was created, three statuses were setup automatically: New, In Progress and Completed.
You can rename them if you like, and you can add more that are specific to your business. For example, some customers create statuses like "Contacted", "Needs attention", "Invoiced", "Paid in Full".
Job statuses are mapped to the ServicePal job flow that takes a job from creation to completion or cancellation.
ServicePal job flow
The ServicePal job flow is simple, but subject to a few rules that are important to understand. You need to be aware of these rules, when you add your own job statuses.
1. A job that does not have a resource assigned, OR does not have a Start and End date will be classified as Unscheduled. ServicePal will automatically group Unscheduled jobs and show them on the Calendar.
This means it's not necessary for you to create job status called "Unassigned" or "To be scheduled"
2. A job that has been assigned both time and a person is considered Scheduled
3. A job that has been Scheduled, will be classified as Overdue, when the scheduled time has passed and the job status is NOT one of the following: Completed, Closed or Cancelled.
ServicePal will automatically group Overdue jobs and show them on the calendar.
Using these rules you should be able to map your job scheduling process in ServicePal.
Each job status is mapped to a particular color. The color is used in the calendar. It's possible to use the same color for multiple statuses.
Only users with Administrator role can setup job statuses. For information about the different roles, see Understanding user roles
To add a new job status:
- Sign into app.servicepal.com, using a desktop or laptop computer
- Tap Settings from the main menu
- Locate the job status section below on the page
- Click (+) to add a new job status
- Enter the description for the job status, such as Invoiced
- Click the color to change the color
- Check the default check box, if you would like the job status to be used as the default when creating a new job
- Click Save
To edit a job status
- Click the job status you would like to edit
- When done editing, click Save
To delete a job status
- Click the job status you would like to delete
- Click Delete
NOTE: When you delete a job status, nothing will happen to jobs already assigned that status. The jobs will keep that status. You will however not be able to filter on that job status on the job page.